Marlborough Athletics is a track and field club based from the Athletics Park on Brewer St in Blenheim. Senior Athletics caters for competitors aged from 15+ through to veterans. Club nights are Tuesdays 5:30pm.
Marlborough Athletics is a separate organisation from Marlborough Harriers, but harriers are very welcome to join and will see some familiar faces. Track and field is a great way to build strength and speed for all ages.
The 2016-2017 Program is here.
Photos from the 10th of December 2013
Opening night is Tuesday the 18th of October. The season runs from mid-October though to mid-March.
Events include: 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m, 3000m, 5000m, 10000m, High Jump, Javelin, Triple Jump, Discus, Shot Put, Hammer & Long Jump
Membership includes registration with Athletics New Zealand which allows members to compete at all regional and national level competitions from Triple Jump to Marathon.
- Under 20 – $80 – Membership includes club nights, interclub, centre and national events
- Senior/Veteran – $100 - Membership includes club nights, interclub, centre and national events
- $5 per night casual (doesn’t come off the balance if intending to join at a later date)
- Registered Children’s Athletics members are free
- If you’re already registered with another Athletics NZ club and want to retain your existing membership have a chat to us about paying a reduced fee. This will enable you to compete on club nights but you must compete for your existing club at interclub, centre and national events
For further information visit our Facebook Page: Marlborough Senior Athletics or call Tracey Sims 027 615 2958 or Dave Hansen 027 235 4012
Note: Children’s Athletics is held on Wednesday nights and they have a separate website which can be found here. For further information visit their Facebook Page: Marlborough Children’s Athletics or call Lindsay Tilbury 021 191 5541 or Cara Wiapo 027 449 7893